BBO Discussion Forums: What license .lin files in vugraph arcvhives have ? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What license .lin files in vugraph arcvhives have ?

#1 User is offline   bluecalm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-May-05, 18:46

Hi,

I plan to publish some tools for manipulating, importing to db, searching through, looking for stuff etc. on .lin files. I don't know what form it will have (github, webtool, standalone app) but before I do that I need to know what kind of license .lin files in vugraph arcvhives have and what I am allowed to do with them. Here are some questions:
-Am I allowed to use .lin files and things derived from them in my applications ?
-Am I allowed to create new .lin files from parts of other .lin files ?
-Does BBO welcome this kind of thing ?
-Am I allowed to host/use/make use of database of hands imported from .lin files on vugraph archives page ?
-Does it matter if tools made by me are free/commercial/closed source/open source/licensed somehow ?

I am not looking to making any kind of significant business out of this but I wrote some cool tools and hosting them on a web page with some ads (hoping to pay for hosting) is one option I consider. Would it be ok with bbo ?

#2 User is offline   JLOGIC 

• 2011 Poster of The Year winner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-05, 19:46

*popcorn*

#3 User is offline   uday 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-May-07, 07:02

Hi

As far as I'm concerned, anything we put into those archives is public, do whatever you consider useful or amusing.

The underlying databases might be easier to work with. Drop me an email at uday@ if you get to that point

U

View Postbluecalm, on 2012-May-05, 18:46, said:

Hi,

I plan to publish some tools for manipulating, importing to db, searching through, looking for stuff etc. on .lin files. I don't know what form it will have (github, webtool, standalone app) but before I do that I need to know what kind of license .lin files in vugraph arcvhives have and what I am allowed to do with them. Here are some questions:
-Am I allowed to use .lin files and things derived from them in my applications ?
-Am I allowed to create new .lin files from parts of other .lin files ?
-Does BBO welcome this kind of thing ?
-Am I allowed to host/use/make use of database of hands imported from .lin files on vugraph archives page ?
-Does it matter if tools made by me are free/commercial/closed source/open source/licensed somehow ?

I am not looking to making any kind of significant business out of this but I wrote some cool tools and hosting them on a web page with some ads (hoping to pay for hosting) is one option I consider. Would it be ok with bbo ?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users