BBO Discussion Forums: GIB correct my final contract with a long bad suit - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIB correct my final contract with a long bad suit

#1 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-January-07, 09:39

If play 4,the result is 4+1,but actually GIB can't make 4 with a long bad suit.

#2 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2014-January-07, 10:27

View Postlycier, on 2014-January-07, 09:39, said:

If play 4,the result is 4+1,but actually GIB can't make 4 with a long bad suit.

If GIB leads a trump, you win in hand, cash the Ace of hearts, cross with a diamond and pitch a club and a diamond on good hearts.

If GIB leads the stiff Diamond, your transport gets screwed up, however, its hard to complain about a contract that fails because of a 7-1 diamond break.

FWIW, it looks like you get a lot more enjoyment complaining about GIB than you do playing with GIB.
You might do better investing in a copy of Jack...
Alderaan delenda est

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-January-07, 13:54

Jack is not available on BBO. But gratuitous vitriol aside, I think that 4H is an overbid by South opposite which North should be worried about missing slam. 4S at least holds out a slight chance of keeping the bidding alive. Perhaps it should show some slam interest? Maybe more useful than a mere contract correction opposite a partner who has expressed disinterest in hearing support. Anyway, from the explanation it seems that GIB treats it as merely correction, in which case I agree with OP. A singleton is positive support opposite a 4H rebid, and for all North knows South may be void in Spades.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users