Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just declare training games

#1 User is offline   ahtan 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-April-08, 23:06

Hi, I would like to run a game that focuses on declarer play only. I.e. a “just declare”. This is for training purposes as I think our beginners need it.

The idea is that the bidding is exactly the same. Then we have a mix of seasoned and new players play the same board. They can then compare how the play went.

Is there a switch I can make to put a tournament in that mode?

I do realize the challenges have this feature but it is limited to only 4 in a group challenge.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-April-09, 09:33

"Just Declare" is currently only an option for robot daylong/challenge tournaments, not human games.

#3 User is offline   ahtan 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-April-10, 21:15

View Postbarmar, on 2021-April-09, 09:33, said:

"Just Declare" is currently only an option for robot daylong/challenge tournaments, not human games.

I see. It would be nice to have it as a training feature though. A specific group of known players from the same club (experienced and beginners) who play "Just declare" (against robots, but the bidding and lead is the same) and after that can compare how the play was done.

It can be in challenge (just expand the group size) or as part of the training section or as a tournament switch. The problem with having it in challenges or training is that there's no timing. I'd like to have the play limited to (say) 5 mins a board so that it mimics actual conditions - which is why I thought it might be a nice switch to tournament set up.

I do realise that robots play differently, but I do think it is of use to beginners. They don't even do some basics (such as drawing trumps when necessary).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users