Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Voice option at teaching table Trying again to get an answer

#1 User is offline   Wainfleet 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-April-16, 06:56

I have posted several times but have not yet had a response.
I am trying to get voice working on a practice table so that I can offer teaching on BBO to my students. I have a desktop using Chrome, and tested it out on one student who was using an brand new iPad with Safari. As soon as he clicked the 'speak' button he got thrown off the table. We spent a lot of time on trying to get it to work, thinking that we were doing something wrong. Eventually I came across a thread on the forum in which it was said that there was a system problem with iPads that would be fixed soon when a new version of the app was released.
My partner was using the browser version rather than an app so I am not sure whether there is a system problem or whether it is something that eitehr my student or me is getting wrong.
Can you let me know whether to your knowledge there is a BBO system problem that is not yet fixed? If so I will wait for the fix. If not then we will focus again on trying to find out what we are doing wrong

Many thanks

#2 User is offline   Rufferman 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-June-03, 01:27

Hello Wainfleet. I have also had a similar problem. Using Safari my computer would hang up when trying to activate Voice at a teaching table. I was advised to use Firefox instead of Safari and now Voice works really well. I hope that this is of help to you. Regards.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users