Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deals are not random...

#1 User is offline   King_of_D 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-July-01, 07:21

... at least in challenges. In the last few weeks I noticed that at least some deals are being repeated. At first I thought I imagine it and they were just very similar, but now I am sure. Played a couple of rather memorable hands - as soon as I realized it is the same deal, I could place every card and did not misplay it this time.
I'm rather shocked by this, as well as disappointed.

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-July-01, 07:32

That's amazing!!
Can you provide the links to these hands - or at least a few of them.
Are you sure this wasn't the weekly free instant tournament?

#3 User is offline   King_of_D 

• Pip

Posted 2021-July-01, 12:03

View Postpilowsky, on 2021-July-01, 07:32, said:

That's amazing!!
Can you provide the links to these hands - or at least a few of them.
Are you sure this wasn't the weekly free instant tournament?

Of course I'm sure it wasn't an instant tournament - I don't even play those.
The problem with links is that I don't know how to search my history for specific hands, and I play a lot of hands... So while the second occurence is right in front me, I don't know how to find the 1st one. Anyway, here is a hand I played today:
tinyurl.com/2asjjhe2

As soon as I bid I was kicking myself for not bidding 4H. Less so after I saw dummy. But then I saw that the best line must be to win immediately, unblock C A and try to endplay W in trumps, so that he has to give me an entry to dummy. This jogged my memory, because it is such an interesting hand. I remembered that the first time I did bid 4H and went down, when I played W for DQ (I did guess singleton Q, but up D J, when W played a low D). So this time I knew immediately after the lead that E has singleton Q H and doubleton D Q. And made 11 tricks.

#4 User is offline   King_of_D 

• Pip

Posted 2021-July-01, 12:20

Here is another one:
https://tinyurl.com/ydt57jlu

After the D lead, I was marking time, cashing hearts and trying to figure out which finesse to take
for the 9th trick. Until E discarded S8, which in the robot system should be encouraging (I think).
This jogged my memory: the first time I played the hand I believed E and so played W for the singleton KC (the only chance, I thought). So this time I knew W has both black kings, and KC is single.
But it sure takes a lot of fun away when one can know these things, even if only sometimes.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users