BBO Discussion Forums: Creating Just Declare BBO Tournaments - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Creating Just Declare BBO Tournaments

#1 User is offline   P_Marlowe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-January-01, 13:02

Hi,

is it possible to create a just Declare Tournament with a preloaded set of hands for a custom list of BBO Users?

I am not a BBO TL, my kids are taking Bridge Lessons, and I would suggest, that the Kids get some competition,
one option would be to have take them part in a private tournament, all contracts are 3NT, the robots always pass,
but defend.

But before I make the suggestion, I would like to know, if this is possible, assuming the relevant authorisations
are in place.

With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2023-January-08, 04:38

View PostP_Marlowe, on 2023-January-01, 13:02, said:

Hi,

is it possible to create a just Declare Tournament with a preloaded set of hands for a custom list of BBO Users?

I am not a BBO TL, my kids are taking Bridge Lessons, and I would suggest, that the Kids get some competition,
one option would be to have take them part in a private tournament, all contracts are 3NT, the robots always pass,
but defend.

But before I make the suggestion, I would like to know, if this is possible, assuming the relevant authorisations
are in place.

With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt

BBO can help schedule "just declare" games with robots only for the teacher, similar to the weekly BBO Forums game, or the BBO streamers games. The games are created weekly by the BBO system, not spawned on demand by the host. The host has the ability to control the list of players allowed to join and the hands.

But if this is lessons with kids, it might be simpler and more flexible to set constraints on hands and practice at a teaching table.

Email me at diana@bridgebase.com with details and we'll help.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users